4/14/17

So near...and yet so far away

It's been a strange week.  Restless nights.  Long days.  Everybody has them.  I guess it's my turn.  I've been quilting a Linus quilt during my studio time.  Long straight lines, so nothing exciting. 

But, during my TV time, I've been working on applique.  This is the last block in the Simply Delicious quilt.  I will be soooooooo glad when that is done.  I've been working on it several years.  Once the blocks are done, it's just some sashing and borders and quilting.  And there are the applique pieces that extend past their borders and into another block and can't be done until it's at least partially assembled.  But, I'm not going to think about that, if you don't mind.  And, I'm not going to guarantee that tiny little cantaloupe bloom will find it's way onto the quilt.  Talk about some fiddly applique.


I am three small pieces from done with this block.  Two of them are mis-cuts.  I've done that a few times on long stems that disappear under other pieces and then show up again. 

Unfortunately, I can't find the baggie with the extra fabric.  Now, the rule of Lane is that as soon as I pull other fabric from stash and cut it to fit the pieces, the baggie will show up.  And, by as soon as, I really mean probably within a minute or two.  Because that's how some things work.  And, I can accept it and enjoy life.  Or, I can gripe about it and be unhappy. 

I don't care where the fabric comes from.  I'm just looking so forward to finishing this quilt. 

Could I potentially be assembling this one this weekend?  I surely could. 

Woo-hoo!!!!

Everybody have a great Friday.  I'm going to do a few minutes of cutting little pieces and then it's work, work, work.  Happy Easter if you celebrate it. 

Lane

1 comment:

Dot said...

Seeing your work and reading your comments on life is so uplifting - every single time. Happy Easter to you and your family.