4/16/17

The things old men get up to.

I thought it would be funny and whimsical if Rob and I dyed eggs Friday night.  It was neither.  Turns out we are both serious egg dyers.  There were some laughs, but mostly, it was collaboration.  We talked and we kept the eggs moving so they were evenly dyed and we talked some more.  We shared old memories of dyeing eggs and Easters past. 

As Syd gets more and more independent, we do more things like that together.  Getting back to our life.  Remembering how to do things without them being focused on her.  It's good for all of us. 

And, this is the result of our work. 


Cute, eh? 

And, I also took time to get part of my Simply Delicious quilt put together.  This is the layout. 


I had left a LOT of applique to do.  Stuff that hung over the block and into the sashing, and when I attached the sashing, I never went back to finish that little bit of applique. 

Everybody have a great Easter.  Yesterday, I made au gratin potatoes and 4.5 dozen oatmeal cookies. In a little while, I'm going to go bake a ham. But, first, I'm going to see how many more of these blocks I can get sewn together. 

Lane

2 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy Easter to you and yours, Lane! That quilt looks like it is going to be a show stopper. Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! The eggs look great. The applique marvellous . Thanks for sharing. Mary